Down Syndrome Queensland Service Agreement
The boring (but important) bits….
Terms and Conditions
The NDIS and this Service Agreement
This Service Agreement is made for the purpose of providing supports under the Participant’s National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan.
The Parties agree that this Service Agreement is made in the context of the NDIS, which is a scheme that aims to support the independence and social and economic participation of people with disability, and enable people with a disability to exercise choice and control in the pursuit of their goals and the planning and delivery of their supports.
Changes to this Service Agreement
If changes to the supports or their delivery are required, the Parties agree to discuss and review this Service Agreement. The Parties agree that any changes to this Service Agreement will be in writing, signed, and dated by the Parties. The provider reserves the right to change service costs inline with any future NDIS Price Guide changes. In this case participants will be notified in writing in the form of an updated Schedule of Supports.
Ending this Service Agreement
Should either Party wish to end this Service Agreement they must give 14 days’ notice. If either Party seriously breaches this Service Agreement the requirement of notice will be waived.
Feedback, complaints and disputes
If the Participant wishes to give the Provider feedback or is not happy with the provision of supports and wishes to make a complaint the Participant can talk to their program staff or email [email protected], or write to us at PO BOX 3223, Stafford QLD 4053.
If the Participant is not satisfied or does not want to talk to this person, the Participant can contact the NDIS Quality & Safeguards Commission by calling 1800 035 544 or complete the Complaint Contact Form at www.ndiscommission.gov.au.
We will work in collaboration with you to determine what mix of supports (services and/or programs) will best meet your goals. Each service or program will include a separate registration process to confirm acceptance, days, times and locations.
Schedule of Supports
The Provider agrees to provide the Participant the supports outlined in the Schedule of Supports table. All prices are GST inclusive (if applicable) and include the cost of providing the supports. The provider reserves the right to change service costs in line with any future NDIS Price Guide changes. In this case participants will be notified in writing in the form of an updated Schedule of Supports.
Additional expenses (i.e. things that are not included as part of a Participant’s NDIS supports) are the responsibility of the Participant and are not included in the cost of the supports. Examples include entrance fees, event tickets, meals, etc. These are considered “Out of Pocket” costs.
The Provider will seek payment for their provision of supports by the invoice method indicated. Payment is required by EFT within 7 days of the invoice.
The Provider will seek payment for Out of Pocket costs in advance of the provision of support and will invoice these directly to the Participant.
Goods and services tax (GST)
All prices are GST inclusive (if applicable) and include the cost of providing the supports. For the purposes of GST legislation, the Parties confirm that:
• a supply of supports under this Service Agreement is a supply of one or more of the reasonable and necessary supports specified in the statement included, under subsection 33(2) of the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 (NDIS Act), in the Participant’s NDIS plan currently in effect under section 37 of the NDIS Act;
• the Participant’s NDIS plan is expected to remain in effect during the period the supports are provided; and
• the Participant / Participant’s representative will immediately notify the Provider of any changes to the Participant’s NDIS Plan.
You will not be charged for a service that Down Syndrome Queensland cancels and cannot substitute or reschedule. Where possible we will provide a minimum of 2 clear business days’ notice; however, where a cancellation is needed due to staff illness as much notice as possible will be given.
Where the participant has provided 2 clear business days’ notice of cancellation (or clear business days for services over 8 hours or $1000) Down Syndrome Queensland will not charge a cancellation fee. Any less notice of cancellation may be charged up to 90% of the agreed price for the cancelled service.
Where the participant cancels a scheduled service that includes Out of Pocket costs and these costs have already been incurred by Down Syndrome Queensland and cannot be recovered from another source (for example by booking another participant) then Down Syndrome Queensland will still charge the participant for these Out of Pocket costs.
Down Syndrome Queensland may waive cancellation fees in certain circumstances such as illness, hospitalisation, accident or other emergency.
If you repeatedly cancel services, this may result in loss of regular session times or termination of services. We will provide notice in writing of termination of services at least 14 days prior to enable you or your representative to nominate an alternative provider to deliver your support services.
Responsibilities of Provider
The Provider agrees to:
• review the provision of supports at least every 12 months with the Participant
• once agreed, provide supports that meet the Participant’s needs at the Participant’s preferred times
• communicate openly and honestly in a timely manner
• treat the Participant with courtesy and respect
• consult the Participant on decisions about how supports are provided
• give the Participant information about managing any complaints or disagreements and details of the provider’s cancellation policy (if relevant)
• listen to the Participant’s feedback and resolve problems quickly
• give the Participant a minimum of 2 clear business days’ notice if the Provider has to change a scheduled appointment to provide supports
• give the Participant the required notice if the Provider needs to end the Service Agreement (see ‘Ending this Service Agreement’ below for more information)
• protect the Participant’s privacy and confidential information
• provide supports in a manner consistent with all relevant laws, including the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 and rules, and the Australian Consumer Law; keep accurate records on the supports provided to the Participant, and
• issue regular invoices and statements of the supports delivered to the Participant.
Responsibilities of Participant / Participant’s representative
The Participant / Participant’s representative agrees to:
• inform the Provider about how they wish the supports to be delivered to meet the Participant’s needs
• treat the Provider with courtesy and respect
• talk to the Provider if the Participant has any concerns about the supports being provided
• give the Provider a minimum of 2 clear business days’ notice if the Participant cannot make a scheduled appointment; and if the notice is not provided by then, the Provider’s cancellation policy will apply (see ‘Cancellation Policy’ below for more information)
• give the Provider the required notice if the Participant needs to end the Service Agreement (see ‘Ending this Service Agreement’ below for more information), and
• let the Provider know immediately if the Participant’s NDIS plan is suspended or replaced by a new NDIS plan or the Participant stops being a participant in the NDIS.
• ensure there is sufficient funds in the NDIS Plan to cover services provided, or otherwise cover the costs of the services.
Down Syndrome Queensland can be contacted on:
Phone [B/H] (07) 3356 6655
Email [email protected]
Address 282 Stafford Road, Stafford, QLD, 4053
PO Box 3223, Stafford DC, QLD, 4053